Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Turtle, the Snail and the Frog



Once there was a sad turtle who lives in a faraway land. He was so sad because he thought of himself as worthless as was the name called to him by the other animals because of his sluggishness. Many animals who happened to walk by him while he is walking laugh at him and then someone would mock him and say, “When do you think you will reach your destination? Next year?” Then all the other animals will make fun out of him.

One day he asked his best friend. “Frog, why is life so cruel to me? Do I not deserve happiness?”

The frog answered with another question, “Why did you say so?”

The turtle replied, “Because ever since I was born no one except you loves me. No one appreciated me for being who I am. Instead they keep scoffing at me for being so slow.”

The frog thought for a while. At that instance, there was a snail who passed by, running as fast as he could. The snail saw the two, so it went towards them. Once the snail was near, he begged them for help.

“Please give me a back ride. Another snail is coming to kill me.”

The turtle told his best friend frog to give the snail a back ride because he said he can’t help the snail. He said that he himself is too slow. But the frog replied, “If I will give this snail a back ride, it might fall when I jump. You should do it.”

“But how can I save this creature when I am very slow?” said the turtle.

“Just believe in yourself and do it!” exclaimed the frog.

So, the turtle did. The snail had a back ride until they reach a hideout far from where the killer snail could reach.

The snail thanked the turtle.

“Hey brother turtle, thank you very much. You were so fast enough that we were able to escape from the killer snail. You saved my life!”

The turtle cried in happiness.

“Really, you think I’m fast?”

“Yes you are very fast. And you are very kind for helping a stranger like me.”

The turtle then realized that he is not worthless. He may be slow in the eyes of the other animals but he is fast enough in the eyes of the snail that he saved.

Since then, the turtle became friends with many other snails and he, together with his best friend frog, lived a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment